The mission of the Leslie County Community Foundation is to work in partnership with generous donors to increase permanent resources available to strengthen the community by inspiring philanthropy and civic engagement. The foundation was started by local citizens in order to increase local giving to meet immediate needs and plan for the future.
The Leslie County Community Foundation exists to ensure a sound future for our community through the building of endowed funds and sustainable grant making. “Helping Today; Saving for Tomorrow!”
LCCF Pillars for a Prosperous Future
- Economic Stability and Growth – Ensuring our citizens have ample opportunities for work and entrepreneurship.
- Educational Strength – Students of ALL ages must be afforded the best education from Pre-K through Post-Secondary.
- Commitment to Arts & Heritage – Leslie County is rich with talent that should be fostered and a history that must be cherished.
- Health & Well-Being of Citizens – Healthy Citizens are a necessity to a Healthy Community.
- Youth Retention/Engagement – The out-migration of citizens is an issue that will be addressed. Keeping our greatest natural resource, our young people, must be a priority.
- Improvement of Overall Quality of Life – Creating a better standard of living for EVERY Leslie County citizen is the chief goal of the LCCF
The Leslie County Community Foundation is proud to have:
- Given over $30,000 in student scholarships to students at the Kentucky School of Bluegrass and Traditional Music.
- Helped establish the Biggerstaff Trailhead in downtown Hyden
- Created the Kentucky 911 Dispatch Memorial in Leslie County
- Provided funds to reinter Sgt. Willie Sandlin in the Veteran’s Cemetery
- Funded projects for Drama and Arts at every school in Leslie County
- Purchased computers to establish the now thriving E-Sports team at LCHS
- Provided emergency funding for our out of of work miner’s during time of crisis
- Written grants to bring in over $150,000 to regrant into the community
PLACE (Philanthropy. Leadership. Advocacy. Culture. Engagement.)
A program designed to introduce Leslie County high school students to philanthropy and community development. The program provides hands-on experience that benefits both the participating students and local charities
Kentucky School for Traditional & Bluegrass Music
Located in the heart of Appalachia where Bluegrass and country music has deep roots. KSTBM is a PSA program at HCTC that prepares individuals for careers as independent studio artists and business owners, designers, performers, and studio technicians.
Leslie County Community Foundation Board
Leslie County Community Foundation
PO Box 2084
Hyden KY 41749
Board of Advisors